Phase II Collaboration and Knowledge Transfer
Building on existing collaborative relationships with partners in China, the Project is focusing on a number of initiatives in the areas of health and mental health, public policy, community development, and social work education with an emphasis on practice training:
- Training of social workers and mental health professionals in China in psychotherapy and counselling (Major Collaborator: Beijing Institute of Technology).
- Responding to the May 12, 2008 earthquake in Sichuan Province:
- Training psychiatrists and mental health professionals serving earthquake victims;
- Training for community redevelopment initiatives;
- Developing intervention models for professionals in social work and mental health.
- Supporting the development of social work education in Shandong Province.
- Direct training programs delivered in China in the areas of information technology (Rob MacFadden), family mediation (Howard Irving), clinical practice and social work education (Ka Tat Tsang).
- Strengthening social work practice and practice education
- Help to set up NGO and service programs;
- Training and developing practice supervisors and field educators;
- Establishing and promoting role models.